The Association for Specialists in Group Work (ASGW) is the premier international organization for group workers who value the creation of community, support, and the installation of hope. The foundation of our organization is built on principles of multiculturalism, social justice, and the embracement of global perspectives, which permeate all group work.
Our organization works diligently to support and to provide services to our members and the profession by assisting with the knowledge and the acquisition of skills of group leaders, which enables group workers to be a catalyst for facilitating self-awareness, growth, and healing in the clients they serve.
United in heart and in mission, the Association for Specialists in Group Work is dedicated to providing current group work research, developing and updating group counseling competencies and standards, developing innovative and evidence-based modalities for effective group practice, and providing an abundance of training and resources to enhance the professional growth of our members.
We thank you for your involvement and for choosing ASGW as the group to join!
Types of Membership
Exclusive Benefits and VIP Access
The Association for Specialists in Group Work (ASGW) is devoted to equipping group workers with the tools and resources to be effective group leaders that implement innovative group practices. By being a member of ASGW, you will have complete access to these exclusive benefits:
How to Join or Renew
- The ASGW application will assist you with selecting the correct membership level based on your credentials and qualifications.
- Prices vary by membership level
- You may choose to join ASGW and ACA; however, an ACA membership is not required in order to become a member of ASGW.
- You can complete an online or printed application.
- After completing your application, you will be notified of your acceptance through a confirmation email and welcome letter.
- Membership will last for 1 year.
- Network with group workers globally
- Grow and advance your group leadership skills